Kim Newman, Associate
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defence
- Personal Injury
Kim Newman completed her law degree at the University of Western Ontario in 2008. She was called to the bar in June 2009 and has been practicing in the areas of personal injury and insurance defence litigation for over seven years. Kim joined Bartlet & Richards LLP in June 2015.
Kim has represented clients in matters relating to motor vehicle collisions, accident benefits, occupiers' liability, disability insurance, property damage, product liability, and historic sexual abuse. She has appeared before numerous administrative tribunals including the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, Landlord Tenant Board and the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal. She has also attended on matters before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Appeal.
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Essex Law Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Southwest Region Women in Law Association
- London and District Distress Centre, Chair and Board Member (2006 - 2015)
- Spinal Cord Injury Ontario, Committee Member (2012 - 2015)
- Pro Bono Students Canada, Lawyer Supervisor (2012 - 2015)
- Ontario Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Series: Don't Go Breaking the Law: Workplace Policies and Procedures for the Law Firm, Chair (2013)
- Ontario Bar Association Institute: Sole, Small Firm and General Practice Breakfast Seminar, Speaker (2014)