Gerald E. Trottier - Partner
- Real Estate, Condominiums
- Mortgages and Loans
- Secured Financing
- Land Use Planning and Development
- Trademark and Copyright
Mr. Trottier provides counsel to a diverse group of clients in the private, non-profit and public sectors including automotive (OEM, Tier 1 suppliers, tool and die and others), transportation (railway and trucking), charities, public institutions (post-secondary education) and the real estate industry, including residential, commercial and industrial property owners, banks, institutional lenders and condominium corporations.
Services include incorporation, amalgamation and dissolution of for-profit, non-profit and charitable corporations, purchases, financing and sales of businesses and real estate, loans and secured financings, leasing and mortgaging of land, trade-mark filing and licensing, general corporate and commercial law advice, drafting and administering construction contracts and loans and land development including rezoning and severances.
Mr. Trottier has served on local hospital boards, including Chair of Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital (2001- 2003). He has significant experience in advising the institutional, non-profit and charitable corporate sectors. He joined the firm in 1988 upon his call to the Bar.
- Fluent in English and French; avid student of Spanish
- Dean's Honour Roll Law (1986)
- Rogers, Bereskin and Parr Prize in Intellectual Property (1986)
- Ontario Bar Association - member
- Canadian Bar Association - member
- Essex County Law Association member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - member
- Volunteer Lawyers Association - member
- Community Involvement - Past and Present
- Rotary Club of Windsor (1918), International Youth Exchange Committee Member
- Past-Chair Salvation Army Grace Hospital Board member (1992 1994)
- Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital (1994 2005), Board Chair (2001 2003)
- Essex County Joint Executive Committee on Hospital Restructuring (retired)
- Former instructor Law Society of Upper Canada Bar Admission Course